I’ve added a new listing to my Etsy shop this week. Click on the picture to be taken to the item post.
Portal Knitted Fingerless Gloves Arm Warmers Mittens
Now that my lovely 7 month old daughter is crawling and all over the place, I’m finding less time for preparing myself breakfast (or lunch for that matter). I wanted something that was hot, quick, and easy to prepare while I chase my little one around the floor. I’ve made breakfast burritos before, but never thought of freezing them. Then again, there are tons of frozen breakfast foods, so why not? I have made full fat versions before, but opted for a lower carb, lower fat version this time around.
Here is my quick and easy recipe (along with some optional additions) for breakfast burritos:
Breakfast Burritos for Freezing
- 2 lbs Jimmy Dean’s reduced fat pork sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 oz can of chopped jalapenos
- 16 medium soft tortillas
- 16 slices of sharp cheddar made with skim milk (I used Kraft brand)
- 1 bag of shredded hash browns (optional… I did not use this, but have before)
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, or an electrical skillet over 375. Brown the sausage, and drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
- OPTIONAL: If you decide to use hash browns, cook them now on med-high heat on the skillet or 450 on an electric skillet as the package directions dictate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt & pepper
- If you used hash browns, leave them in the pan. If not, your pan or skillet will be empty. Add back in the sausage, then pour the egg mixture over the top. Add the jalepenos and mix. Lower the heat to medium-low to evenly cook the eggs. Cook as if you were cooking scrambled eggs, by scraping the pan every few minutes until eggs are cooked all the way through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Take 1 tortilla and add about 1/3 cup of the egg mixture, top with 1 slice of cheese, then roll up into a burrito.
- Wrap each burrito individually with Saran Wrap, then place into a large freezer bag for freezing.
- Remove your burrito from the Saran Wrap and wrap in a paper towel.
- Microwave for 45 seconds on high
- Flip the burrito on to the other side and cook for an additional 45 seconds.
That’s it! Enjoy!
I love this band… beautiful music.
“It started with “I think I’m falling in love with you.”
It ends with “I’m sorry I’m over you.”
If this song doesn’t make you cry… you are cold-hearted. Keep those boys in your hearts and thoughts… they are everything to this world.
Classic music… I wish more music was like this.
Seriously a beautiful song… breaks my heart every time I listen to it.